Monday, May 31, 2010

At The Fair


We spent Sunday afternoon at the Hong Kong Art Fair and found several booths that had really impressive art. We saw Picassos, Monets, Damien Hirsts(above), an Alex Katz and several James Nares. On hindsight, I wish I had taken more photos, especially of the Nares as they were stunning. Below are some of the art which I liked.

Pop art by Richard Prince


Figure by Pablo Picasso, 1936


David La Chapelle. There were several la Chapelle images as well as by Guy Bourdin and Tim Walker. I would like to save money for a Tim Walker photograph.


I failed to take note of the artist of this relief portrait. I like the technique of carving out a face out of wood and painting it. At first glance I thought it was by Elizabeth Peyton.


Skulls by Damien Hirst


Untitled by Tara Donovan, 2008. This piece calls out to me and I can't figure out why. I normally wouldn't not be drawn to something like it as it is almost comic book-esque but somehow I find beauty and mystery in the cracked surface.



9brushstrokes by Song Hyun-sook. This is one of my favorite pieces from the fair. I like that it is Asian-inspired but modern at the same time. It's timelessly elegant and would fit almost any interior design style.

No comments:

Post a Comment