Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making An Entrance Part 2



I was unhappy with how our entryway initially looked like with the marquetry table and gilded mirror. I felt that it was too traditional and wasn't consistent with the classic chic look of the rest of the apartment. (See previous post for the photos)


Today, however, they delivered our new console table which we found at Altfield in Prince's Building. People who know me would be surprised that I bought a table with gold legs as I am all about chrome and silver. But I think the gold legs and its lattice-like design gives that entryway a wonderful dose of glamour and a touch of chinoiserie. Noticed how I accessorized it with a lot of silver - frames, vases, tray - which I think works really well despite the old rule that you should never mix gold with silver.


I am over the moon with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment